Posted on | January 30, 2013
Over the past few years, cupcakes have grown in popularity. You see cupcakes at parties, as gifts, or maybe it is just your mom’s weekly habit to bake some. And of course, when it comes to the flavor, everyone loves the classic taste of chocolate chip cookies incorporated in cupcakes; thus, the choc chip cupcakes were born!
Here is a really easy recipe you, yourself, can make!
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (preferably the unsweetened type)
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your cupcake tins with your cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt together. Make sure to sift the ingredients properly. Set this aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream the butter until it is fluffy while little by little adding the sugar. Add the eggs one a time and beat it well after adding each egg. Once that is done, add the vanilla extract. Mix the sour cream and flour alternately and fold the chocolate chips in the mixture.
- Pour your mixture into the cups but only until it is ¾ full. It will most likely be done within 18 – 23 minutes. Do the toothpick test to check. Place a toothpick at the center of one cupcake, if it comes out clean, then your cupcake is already cooked!
- Transfer the cupcakes into a cool pan and wait for it to cool.
As you can see, baking choc chip cupcakes are really easy! The ingredients are real easy to find as well. But here are some tips to make your baking experience better.
Tip 1: Variety of Choc Chips
Since baking has been so popular, a lot of kinds of choc chips were created. There are sweet, semi-sweet, dark, milk chocolate and mocha ones. There are even mint ones. Simply choose the choc chip that you think is best! You can even mix them together.
Tip 2: Do not Over Whip
Don’t over whip anything. This will affect how your cupcake will turn out. This is true for the batter and the frosting.
Tip 3: Frosting
The frosting is literally your icing to the cake! There are mixtures that you simply need to whip and add food coloring to in order to make frosting. However, if you like the classic taste of butter frosting, all you need to do is to mix butter and confectioner’s sugar together with the use of an electric mixer.
Tip 4: Toppings!
You have probably seen a lot of choc chip cupcakes which are decorated. You can do this, too! It is easy to decorate your cupcakes. You can use cookie cutters to cut fondant and use them as toppers. You can also use a variety of colored sprinkles to top the frosting that you just made or better yet, why not just yet use chocolate chips!
Choc chips are easy, yummy and fun! So make sure you enjoy baking. This might even be something you could make some money from!
This article is written by Maya Savanovich, a blogger and a writer. Her favorite cupcakes are choc chip cupcakes so she decided to share her favourite recipe that she loves propering for her friends and family. She is currently working on a project for Cake Factory, one of the leading cupcakes wholesalers in Perth.