Posted on | December 13, 2012
Last week I made my Christmas tree cupcakes and I was thinking about some different cupcakes for this week. But who can run away from this Christmas madness! Wherever you look around , you can find only Christmas treats! Cookies, bars, cupcakes, sweet Christmas trees, reindeer made of chocolate… So I’ve decided to follow this beautiful Christmas stream and make some new Christmas cupcakes! And the result is my Christmas cupcakes collection for this year - Christmas Tree Cupcakes, Reindeer Cupcakes and good old Peppermint Candy Cane Cupcakes.
I didn’t have a lot of time, so for the cake I used my old chocolate recipe I have already used for my Christmas tree cupcakes. It is very simple but very delicious recipes!
After that I was playing a lot with a frosting and decoration! I hope I did a good job! You decide! Here are my Christmas cupcakes and some instruction! I hope you will like them! Marry sweet Christmas!!!
1. 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, softened
2. 2 cups Powdered Sugar
3. 1/2 cups Cocoa Powder
4. 1 tablespoon Milk (or more until you reach desired consistency)
- Beat the butter well on medium speed, add the powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and whip until it’s fully, add the milk and mix
- Frost the cupcakes using knife or spoon
To assemble the reindeer:
1. Mini Wafer Cookies
2. M&M’s or Reeses Pieces
3. Fondant Eyes or White Chocolate Chips
- Place the wafer cookie between the center end the edge of the cupcake
- Place the pretzels above the wafer and press a little to dip into the frosting
- Place the eyes (M&M or fondant eyes ) also using frosting to stick them
- With a small amount of the frosting stick the M&M to the top of the vanilla wafer for the nose
Peppermint Candy Cane
For the Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Red gel food color
- Mix well the butter, icing sugar and cream cheese in a bowl until it creamy, add the vanilla and peppermint and mix well.
- Cover the Chocolate Cupcakes with melted chocolate and wait to cool completely before start to piping the frosting on
To apply the frosting with a red stripes:
- with the paint brush or a toothpick draw three vertical lines with the red gel food color on the inside of the piping bag ,than fill the piping bag with frosting carefully
Squeeze some frosting on a plate until you see the red stripe and then start to swirl the frosting on the cupcakes.