Posted on | December 18, 2012
Several days ago, I received an email from my dear blogger friend Pam from Skinny Sweets Daily . Pam was one of my first “Cupcakes Artist” and I really like her way of skinny dessert recipes blogging! Pam shared one really interesting orange scented cupcakes recipe for Christmas and Hanukkah party. It’s so pretty and festive. So I’ve decided to present this delicious treat to my cupcake visitors! Big thanks for Pam! Enjoy and happy Holidays to you all!!!
Pam’s Hanukkah Orange Scented Cupcakes
Nutritional’s make 12 frosted cupcakes:
calories 165.3, fat 2.6 g, carbs 33.2 g, fiber 1.2 g, sugars 19.1 g, sodium 88.8 mg, protein 2.4 g , Weight Watchers points 4.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or you can use all purpose if you want
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup Land O’ Lakes light butter with canola, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup baby applesauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- zest of half an orange,or to taste
- 6 heaping tbsp marshmallow fluff
- colored sprinkles for decoration, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugar, eggs, orange juice, vanilla with a wire whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients and switch over to a rubber spatula to make sure all the flour is well incorporated.
- Now using a hand held mixer, beat up for about 2 minutes. Place in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a large glass measuring cup with a spout for easy filling. (The batter will be thin)
- You will have just the right amount to fill 12 cups about 3/4 the way up.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
- When the tops look lightly browned and they spring back the cupcakes are done. You can test them with a toothpick, Should be dry crumbs or no crumbs.
- Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of the fluff and dollop on each cupcake. Sprinkle with your choice of topping and enjoy!!!